Wednesday 23 March 2011

POWERFUL I FALL

I dedicate this poem, written on 03-03-2005, with deep reverence to the Tsunami that took place on March 11, 2011 at Japan, and the one that had touched India earlier. I wouldn't ever regret if I were hit by any such natural phenomena. ― Remigius de Souza

The Great Wave by the Japanese Master
Fuji off Kanagava
powerful I fall

air water meekly move aside
from any obstacle on their way
yet their presence inside - outside
in my world
I don’t even ever take notice
as much as of my towering ego
take them always for granted or
add some aroma.
it’s  pleasure to see them play
and sing photogenic as they seem
leisurely happily dancing together
at sea-shore
until suddenly they appear
in colossal shape size speed
a mighty dragon from the ocean
at my door
ransack everything on their way
as my nice world turns scary grey
I am stunned
in spite of all my might wickedest
of intellect and tools to dominate resist
powerless I fall.
Mumbai | 03-03-2005

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
©Remigius de Souza, all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment